Buying your new home can be a daunting experience, we know as we have moved thousands of people into their new Barina homes over the years. However, being well organised can make the experience a more enjoyable one, we hope that the following information assists you in making the move.
This quick step by step guide will help you through the process of buying your new Barina property:
- Assess how much you can afford to spend, speak to a mortgage broker in our sales office or some one who you know will give you honest mortgage advice.
- If you are availing of the governments Help to Buy scheme, contact Revenue to understand qualification rules for the scheme.
- Choose your new Barina property by visiting our Sales Agents on site.
- Complete your reservation and pay an initial booking deposit.
- Appoint a legal advisor.
- Apply for a mortgage.
- Your solicitor will receive a draft contract, conveyancing information and relevant documentation. This will be specific to your property and to this transaction.
- Confirm your mortgage amount with a lender.
- Sign and exchange your contract with us so that you have a legal agreement to buy your new home.
- Arrange removal vans and change of address for utilities, banks, service providers etc.
- Prepare for your move by liaising with Barina as to the completion date your new home will be ready.
- A legal completion date will be set once the property is ready and all the legal paperwork has been completed. You will pay the balance of the purchase price on the completion date. You will receive your keys.
- Meet the Barina on-site customer services team member who will run through all the mechanical and electrical elements of your new home.
- Relax, you are all done.
Barina New Homes will cover the first 18 months after the completion date, in the event of a minor defect in your new home. We have also provided you with a Homebond 10 year warranty in the event of structural defect.